Things I am excited about:
1. The hospital where we will deliver. In going to our labor and delivery classes we have learned a lot about the policies of the hospital where we will deliver. Here is a short list of reasons I am so glad we chose the hospital we did:
- Whirlpool tubs to labor in.
- I will labor and deliver in the same room - no moving to a separate delivery room (unless of course I need a c-section, then I head to the OR)
- In the case of needing a c-section, the labor and delivery floor has their own OR, as well as their own recovery wing. So I would not be rooming with a hip replacement.
- They have the babies "room in" with the parents. Instead of taking the baby to the nursery, the baby stays in the room with the parents full-time so that I can breastfeed and we can start to learn about our new little person.
- After Kate is born, she will be put on my chest and will remain there while they do her APGAR's and most other assessments. I can breastfeed right away if she is interested.
- When I am moved to post-partum recovery, K will have his own bed in my room so he can stay overnight with me.
- All babies are protected by an electronic "anti-theft" system. Kinda like a prison ankle bracelet.
- My prenatal massage was awesome. Felt good, massage therapist was nice, all around good time.
- Lunch with K at Panera = awesome.
- Doctor's appointment full of good news. Weight gain is right on track (I was pleasantly surprised). Bloodpressure (both at the office and the record I've been keeping) got a good review.
- Cervix is closed and bag of waters in tact (I got checked because of the number of contractions I've been having as well as some suspicious fluids...)
- Kate's heartrate was good, happy baby. We get to see her via u/s at our next appointment in 2 weeks!!
- Travel System:
And, lastly I have my belly pics a couple days early.