Friday, August 14, 2009

Snores and more

Moo fell asleep on K last night with her face smashed into his shoulder...that's her favorite position. Sometimes we worry about whether she can breathe ok like that, but last night she made it perfectly clear that she was breathing:




On another note, my baby is still cranky. She had two really awesome days (Sunday and Monday) when I thought we had made a breakthrough with the Zantac. Alas, Tuesday she went back to being cranky at night and by Wednesday she was back to being cranky during the day, too. I am starting to wonder if she is not having any serious issue at all and is just having normal baby fussies. I have read that the fuss peaks at around 6 weeks and then gets better from there. She will be 6 weeks on Monday, so if that is the case and this is as bad as it gets, I can definitely live with it. She is not inconsolable or miserable 100% of the time. I just wish I knew for sure that it wasn't something wrong - if I know that she is not uncomfortable or that something is really bothering her, then I am ok with consoling her when she just wants to grump at me.

I plan on giving her the weekend on the Zantac (it was a week yesterday since she's been on it) and then calling the doc on Monday to get their opinion. I don't want to keep her on the medicine if it isn't doing anything for her.

When she is not being cranky, she is really happy and able to show it. Her smiles are getting bigger, brighter, and more frequent. I can't get enough of it. :)

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Harper went through the same fussiness. I was convinced she had colic, gas, tummy ache, etc and that something was really wrong with her. Turns out she was just fussy! Hopefully you'll have the same outcome. :]

Kelly said...

That video was adorable! She sounds like a tiny little parrot!

Mrs.F said...

OMG that is the cutest little snore!