Saturday, July 4, 2009

39 weeks - Dear Kate

Dear Kate,

Hi! Mommy here. Hope everything is going well in there. I know you're running out of room, I can tell by the way you push on me as though you're going to bust out the side of my abdomen. And I know you're probably tired of hearing me grunt and groan as I try to do basic things like sit up, roll over, and bend down. It is difficult to do those things with a watermelon in my belly and a hiney in my lungs. But I do love having you in there! I really do, even when you get the hiccups 3 times a day and shove your head into my cervix and make me yell out in surprise. You know what would be even more fun than bouncing on mommy's bladder and kicking her in the ribs? Coming out to meet everyone! That's right, we have plenty to entertain you here in the outside world. Daddy and I have worked very hard to get your room ready for you and there are so many people waiting to hold you and love you. When I went to the doctor this week, the doctor told me that you are engaged in my pelvis, which means I know you are getting ready to come out. But mommy's cervix isn't ready. I need you to use your head and work on that for me, ok?

Daddy and I can't wait to meet you. We only have a week until your due date. It is ok if you show up a little late, we'll try and be patient until you're ready. But if you take too long, the doctor is going to come knocking on your door to hand you an eviction notice. So be sure you stay on top of it and come out soon! We love you!

Love,
Mommy

5 comments:

♥ Lovfer♥ said...

You're too cute. Can't wait to "meet" Kate!

Unknown said...

You made it further than I did! Hopefully she'll make her debut soon. Can't wait to meet her.

mtendere said...

Awww...I can't wait to hear about Kate's arrival!

Unknown said...

How sweet!!

lady gray said...

it appears that writing the letter to kate did the trick!!! :)