Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Moby, Moo, and Me

I got myself a Moby! Our Hotsling was great while Kate was itty bitty. Now that she's a true chunker, though, she doesn't fit in it very well and she looks (and probably feels) very uncomfortable. She also HATES being held in a cradle position - she likes to be up on people's chests. So I broke down and got us a Moby. It came in the mail yesterday and so far we both love it. It is a lot easier to put on than I thought it would be and it is so much easier to get her into and out of than the Hotsling. She has been sooooo crabby these past two days. I'm thinking maybe she's going through a growth spurt or something because her sleeping patterns have been all off-kilter, too. Sunday night she slept for 11.5 hours straight! (not that I'm complaining about that!)

Anyway, Moby is helping us keep our sanity. If she wants to be walked around for 6+ hours a day at least this way I have my hands free so I can read a book or something. :) Today we Moby'd to the post office and back.

Moby while awake - she can peek around and see what's going on:

Moby while asleep - I can tuck her little head in so she's not all floppy:
My little devil planning her next move to make me lose my marbles :)

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Very cute! She looks really comfortable in there.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you like it because I broke down and ordered one too. She's just getting too darn heavy for me to carry around.

Just Believing said...

so glad to hear! I can't wait to get one and try it out!!!

The Pacheco's said...

So cute! I love her face in the last picture! I just ordered the same Moby today... It can't get here soon enough!

Rsgrl said...

I've been wanting one of these, but wasn't sure whether to get it. Now, I definitely will. Kit hates hates hates the sling, but it perfectly happy in the baby bjorn, so hopefully this will be a good middle ground.

Rachel H. said...

So cute...I'm glad you like it. I'm planning to order one too! And I love that mischievous look in the last photo!

Mrs.F said...

Haha that last pic really does look like she's up to no good!! I think I need to invest in a carrier like that... Gianna always wants to be carried & sometimes I feel like I can't even use the bathroom!

TennisWife815 said...

Mobys are the best. We don't use it as much as I used to -- partially because I'm back at work -- but yesterday at the ball game and today at the grocery store it came in handy. And if I had to guess, Jake has got to be around 16 lbs or so.